The cottage is situated in the heart of Franschhoek within a few minutes’ walk of the renowned restaurants. This picturesque village which has retained its colonial charm nestles between towering mountains in the Cape Winelands. Not only does the village offer food and wine, but also a vibrant, artistic community in one of the most beautiful valleys in the country.
Originally settled by French Huguenots in the 17th century, Franschhoek has become the gourmet capital of South Africa, possibly even of the southern hemisphere. Franschhoek has this claim because it has more of the top 10 restaurants than any other town in the southern hemisphere.
Accommodates up to 5/6 people in 2 bedrooms serviced by 2 bathrooms and a study come third bedroom with a sofa sleeper but that is accessed via the master bedroom so better suited to children of adults occupying the master.
• Under-floor heating
• Open wood fireplace
• Electronic security system
• Private garden with pool
Living & Dining
Open plan main living space downstairs with lounge, dining and kitchen areas. French doors lead out to a proper veranda which has a lounging area sofa and chairs plus dining table and chairs as well.
• DSTV (satellite) for music and TV
• DVD player
The fully-equipped kitchen is open-plan to the dining area and overlooks the living room. It has the best modern appliances for catering at home and a separate scullery and laundry with extra fridge/freezer.
• Washing machine
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
• Master bedroom - upstairs in the eaves contains a mosaic bath under the window, built-in cupboards and DSTV (satellite). It has a shower room and a separate toilet.
• Second bedroom - downstairs is the second double bedroom with built-in cupboards and a mosaic-tiled shower room across the corridor.
• Third bedroom/study, adjoining the master bedroom has a sofa bed and a large desk.
• Private garden
• Small plunge pool (3m x 3m)
• Off street parking
• Covered outdoor entertaining area
• 2 sun loungers
• Fans in bedrooms
• Housekeeping as required paid for in addition
No considerations are made.